Juan Pablo is Managing Partner of the Firm. Head partner of the foreign trade law and mining and oil law practices. Practice partner of the tax law practice.
He stands out for his ample experience in the extractive industry, both in the upstream and downstream segments, including transportation and marketing of basic products, fuel derivatives and lubricants.
- His experience as in-house lawyer of several companies enabled him to develop a keen sensibility for the repercussions of legal matters in business and corporate dynamics.
- Has provided legal advice to a large portion of professional production associations in the country. This includes the so-called National Professional Association Council (Consejo Gremial Nacional), which includes the most relevant associations.
- His vast experience is recognized and appreciated by government authorities. Hence he was invited to be a member of the Transition Commission of the Fiscal Sector of the current government, and of the Drafting Committee of the 2018 tax reform.
- Recently, he was called by the national government as national administrative honor advisor to the International Experts Commission that was retained to evaluate the existing tax benefits of the Colombian tax system.
- Clients recognize and appreciate him for his ample experience and understanding of the world of business, as well as for his great practical approach to things.
- At the beginning of his career he spent over 8 years in one of the big audit firms, and after that worked as Financial Vice President of a hydrocarbons transport company. These experiences made him very knowledgeable in accounting and financial matters, and gave him practical experience in those matters, which has turned out to be an extremely useful tool for the provision of tax advice and the planning of business operations.
- As a person with the ability to influence opinion, and for his communication skills, he is often invited to participate at presentations and national and international meetings on tax matters, the design of public policy, trends of the oil and mining industries, NGOs and governmental programs.